02 May 2006

The Storm Before the Storm

So I thought I'd give this blogging thing a try...seems to be a good way to keep everyone updated on my adventures. The past few weeks have been a bit of a "Ben Ranz Farewell Tour." It has included trips to New York City; Cleveland; Las Vegas; Bloomington, Indiana; Columbus, and finally, Cincinnati. It has been incredible being able to visit with so many people before I ship out.

For about the past week, I have been at my parents house, basically making a huge mess. I got all of my earthly possessions out of all of the nooks and crannies of their house and went through everything, sending a car full to Goodwill and a whole garbage can to the trash (much to my dad's dismay). What remains now are two rooms filled with clothes, CD's, wires, and just about everything else I own strewn about as I make an attempt to pack and put stuff away. My mom is looking forward to getting her upstairs back, while my dad insists that the mess is "pretty neat" and felt the need to take video footage of the "tornado" that hit the second floor. Those of you who know my dad are certainly laughing right now. Below is a shot of the mess upstairs, although not at its worst point.



I'm not sure how often I'll be able to update this once I'm in Bolivia, but check back periodically for the latest from South America.

T-minus 6 days...

3 comments:

  1. Hey Cuz,
    I'm looking forward to hearing about your adventures on the other side of the hemisphere. I'll see you Sunday night to wish you well.

    -Tye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben!
    I was checking out the facebook which i never do anymore and i found you were heading out for Peace Corps! Thats amazing!!! Congrats... travel safe and please let us know what an amazing time you are having!!!!

    Megan Brown

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
    »

    ReplyDelete