30 August 2007

Bienvenidos al Mundo, Riley Jo Hanauer

So back in December I found out that my sister Maurie was pregnant, which made me pretty excited. I’ve always thought I’d make a pretty good uncle, after all I’ve had some pretty amazing uncles to train me…I mean how could I not be a good uncle after having learned from the likes of Uncle Ron, Uncle George, Uncle Mitch, Uncle Fred, Uncle Mark, Uncle Jamie, Uncle Denny, Uncle Scott, Uncle Bill and Uncle Rob? So I was pretty pumped to get to try out my uncle-ing skills, although I knew I would have to wait a bit before I actually met the new baby. Well, on Thursday morning, July 26 around 9:30 am, my sister gave birth to a beautiful baby girl named Riley Jo Hanauer. I have no idea how much it weighed but I know she was healthy and with a solid head of black hair, Von Allmen style. Here is a shot of Maurie with the new baby and the proud father Joshua:

And of course the new grandparents, Grandpa Joe and Grandma Julie:


It’s certainly a bummer not to be around for all of this fun stuff but they are keeping me updated with news from home. Here is a link to a little video Joshua made for me, which makes me happy and sad all at the same time:
(videolink)
Congratulations to the new parents, and I look forward to meeting the little tyke a year from now. Keep the pictures coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment